Some Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

*Ahem* Squee


Let's add some appropriate music here.


English subtitles for the first episode of the Tethe'alla arc of the anime version of Tales of Symphonia is online now (almost in record time.... Usually whenever a new episode of something comes out in Japan, it takes several weeks before it's translated....)
And it has Yggdrasil in it.


Important enough for me to delay the post I was going to write on the Apache killing the two reporters. (Panel taken from Shortpacked)

The portrayal of Yggdrasil in the first arc of the animated version was always one of my major complaints about an otherwise wonderful adaptation; they reduced his part in the first arc from "Epic Fight Scene and Motive Speech" to "Brief, One Second Long Cameo Appearance Just Before the Credits Roll". However, they seem to have decided to just move his initial appearance and the fight back to a later point in time in the series than was done in the original game. And by later, I mean episode 2. He shows up, I get all excited, and.... Wait, why is the credits music starting to play? No! NOOOOOOOO!

Even though his appearance this time was only a bit longer than his cameo appearance in the first arc, I'm still happy to see one of my favorite video game characters animated. I also noticed that they changed his appearance slightly, so he resembles his game appearance a bit more than he did in the first arc. And looks less like Samael would now (I think that Damios, Riunin, and Ian are possibly the only ones who will understand what I mean by that....)

But I'd like to take this moment to nominate Mithos Yggdrasil as second most badass metaphor for the Demiurge (A very rare title, seeing as how qualities of badassness are so rarely associated with the Demiurge).

4 comments:

  1. It was a tragic birth defect. We really try not to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this dude is like you Master Chief?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Yggdrasil is a pretty cool guy. eh creates teh age of lifeless beings and doesn't afraid of anything.

    ReplyDelete