Some Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chechen Separatists blow up subway

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36077879/ns/world_news-europe/

Gotta say, though, that my favorite part was

"Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who built much of his political capital by directing a fierce war with Chechen separatists a decade ago, vowed that "terrorists will be destroyed." "

Oh, and this part.

" "This is a direct affront to Vladimir Putin, whose entire rise to power was built on his pledge to crush the enemies of Russia," Eyal added. "

Man, would I not want to be a Chechen separatist right now. I love Putin.

2 comments:

  1. Curses, I was going to write something on this! Stupid having to be in class nonsense....

    Although the source I read it from, CNN, had an interesting line I found quite amusing: "We consider this the most likely scenario, based on investigations conducted at the site of the blast," Bortnikov said. "Fragments of the suicide bombers' body found at the blast, according to preliminary findings, indicate that the bombers were from the North Caucasus region."

    Yes, not only were they able to identify which tiny scraps of flesh were from the bomber, but they were also able to determine the ethnicity based entirely off those tiny pieces of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...that seems like they were looking for answers. Almost as if they wanted it to be Chechens. I dunno, what if Putin was secretly planting all of this? I mean sure its a "what if," but I swear if he engineered not only the Georgia incident AND this attack just to mobilize for war, then I would build statues...nay, an entire bloody theme park, dedicated to this man.

    ReplyDelete